Well… there’s been a lot of questions on the rules of our Cardboarders battles lately… There were some rules but just because we destroyed our suits so fast that it was a bit of a shame. Most of the boxfighters out there just do it for the battle but we like to be the artful dodgers of cardboxing. That’s because our suits look so damn good 🙂 So we wanted to enjoy them a bit longer and we invented some little games. Like capture the flag. And no hands no feet or a simple race. You see, nothing fancy. But what we found out was that the rules make the building of the cardboard suits more fun, because you have a goal besides tearing eachothers suits apart. Which ofcourse still happens in the end.
So the rules for a typical Cardboarders battle would be something like:
- No contestant shall contain anything but man, cardboard, hot glue and tape (and some clothing, no nude cardboarding! Please! That’s just not normal, you deranged kids!)
- Teams of 3-4 people make a suit for one man of the team in less then 2,5 hours.
- Depending on the situation of the battle we think of some rules before we start. Most of the times this will at least be “full cardboard coverage of hands and feet”. That’s because we found out it’s funny when it’s difficult to walk around because you’ve got cardboard shoes. But rules can also include picking up incredibly large objects with cardboard or price for the highest robot with cardboard stilts or something. Whatever suits the moment (ha-ha “suits”).
- There’s always an honorary mention for the best looking robot. (Beauty is the first refuge of the competent. Violence is the last.)
- We play the game. It ends in a battle. No cardboard should be left untorn.
Some other questions:
Does it have to be robots?
No! But we like suits, and we like cardboard boxes. If you combine them: chances are you probably make a robot first 🙂
When is the next battle?
You tell us! We’ll be there.